Saturday, January 2, 2010

Victory!!!



I don't think I ever lost all hope for getting it, but there were certainly some times where I was losing my mind, and I mean that literally. I did my very best to maintain a positive outlook and it paid off in the end. It was all worth it for the few hours prior and the few hours after I finished. I couldn't stop smiling and was definitely a bit manic for a while there.

I ended the year making around $108,399 in rakeback and bonuses, and my winnings on tableratings ended around $5400. After the WSOP, a number of other tournament buyins, and some wasted FPP purchases, I think the true profit was around $72,000.

Considering this was my first year playing poker professionally, and I had no previous knowledge of multi-tabling cash games, I am proud of my results. I think I did a very good job setting myself up for 2010. I hope to start the year in pursuit of 1.25 million VPP, although I know these plans could change as the year progresses and I am not holding myself to any serious goals. I certainly want to spend more time studying poker and actually working to improve my game and my winrates.

Including the value of the tournament packages, and all rakeback and bonuses, 1.25 million VPP will be worth $169,199.70 This number is assuming I break even as far as true profit at the tables, and while it may be a little too hopeful, if I can just make another $30k on top of this, I am looking at a potential $200,000 year. The idea of achieving a salary like this is something I wasn't able to fathom around 1 year ago and now it's really not that unbelievable. But as I said previously, I am not going to bind myself with a set goal for the end of the year. I am just going to take it as it comes and attempt to enjoy every minute.

1 comment:

  1. Drew, I had no fucking idea you were doing this--this is fantastic, it is hot and so much better than dealing with Towson. How long have you been doing this? --Pamela

    ReplyDelete